Sunday, April 20, 2014

AS WE SLIDE SLOWLY SEAWARD



As the small stream slides slowly seaward it reminds me of the roads we all take to our destination. Generally we have a direction but lack final knowledge of the end.  My goal is to enjoy the trip, each and every day, each and every mile. Henry David Thoreau said "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." In other words: It's not the destination, it's the journey.  So my recommendation to each of you is to live each day as if it's your "end destination" (who knows? It may be) but at the end of the day you will be satisfied and looking forward to the next. My hope for each of us as we approach this season of renewal is that we may live the life we have imagined for ourselves.






5 comments:

  1. That is good thinking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evocative photo and loving message. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evocative photo and loving message. Thanks! Enjoy the coast. Hope you can find your way to Hug Point at low tide. Follow the rocks north along the sea. Hidden mysteries within the caves. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice writing. I love that Thoreau quote. Your pic contains the classic "S" curve. Perfect. You are so readable. I'd like to see you add a trip journal to your writing. Sort of like this only more. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I am a "fair weather" camper, I will not head out on the open road until Mid May. Then I will, indeed, include my travel journal here. Stay tuned, the sun is about to shine!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback. Please post a comment. And thanks for participating.