Saturday, January 4, 2014

WHERE ROCKS COME FROM

So...Happy New Year to you all.  I wonder how many of you have started a blog.  I thought it would be easy.  Wrong!  It seems the software used here, created by Google, has many twists and turns (to say nothing of the here-to-fore unknown vernacular) that must be learned as you go along.  Nothing is apparent.  You don't know what you don't know.  Boy, talk about deep!  Well one thing I have learned about the "subscribe" element:  It is not automatic.  I think I have it set up correctly now so if you have subscribed previously, please re-subscribe.  If you have not subscribed, you may do so by clicking on the "comments" at the bottom of the post and enter your email address.  That way you will not miss a post.  Each time I post, you will be notified.  I hope...

Another interesting aspect of this blog is the color of my page.  It has a "back" color of yellow with light blue text that is apparently a built-in part of the format.  This is immediately filled in with the correct colors...usually,  but not always.  Now what's that all about?  I have checked with different servers and different browsers, different devices, different everything...mostly it shows up correctly.  Not always.  So if you have this color problem, please let me know.

You probably wonder why all this whining, well...building this blog has been a bit like my pix on this post--like giving birth to a large boulder.  I love this pix.  It is like so much we encounter in our lives, difficult, but if we preserver we will overcome.  The tree is growing tall and straight.  I say we approach 2014 with the same verve and determination.

I am making my travel list for Summer 2014 starting with a rather long road trip to Utah.  I want to visit the Canyonlands, Arches, Zion, and Bryce  Canyon
Parks.  Can't wait.  Where do you plan to go?  Let's talk!

2 comments:

  1. berg4187@q.com

    Carolyn Berg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vernelle, I love this photo! This tree must be a cousin to the one with its feet in the spring? Love that photo, too. Want to see both trees with my own beady eyes... Billie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback. Please post a comment. And thanks for participating.