Friday, August 8, 2014

RELAX



The only good reason I can find to constantly nag people to get out and "take a hike" exists purely because I want to share what I experience while I do just that. Knowing it's not for everyone, I will give that a rest. My new mandate to myself includes the nag "relax" so that will start tomorrow.

My latest trip was a three day camp-out next to the glorious crystal clear Metolius River. To follow up on my "relax" mandate I actually pulled my camp chair up within three feet of the rushing water in the shade and watched the river flow, as the old song said. A cool breeze blew over the water providing me with a rare and delicious moment of coolness not experienced in this month of the Willamette Valley heat wave. Every once in a while a warm patch of air would blow across my face bringing with it the aroma of warm pine. Yum!

Each evening and morning I took my camera for the "river walk" which is a two mile trail up one side of the river and down the other. The morning and evening light presents a different picture with each passing step. The top pix below was taken late as the evening sun was setting. Sun light filtered through the Ponderosa Pine needles and glittered off the river ripples creating diamonds rivaling a jewelry store display in June. The bottom pix came out of the morning light as it hit the far river bank while the shade formed upon the water to provide a perfect canvas.

So, there you have it: My reasons for being such a nag. I hope you all find your perfect place to relax and enjoy the light. 



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Enjoy "tripping" along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, David, it has trout fishing, but the signs all say "Fly Fishing Only" and I can't figure out how to clean and cook the little buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can clean those fish in less than a minute. Cooking them I leave that to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pleasure visiting with you on 8/7/14 at the Wizard Falls fish hatchery on the Metolious River. I could not connect with any fish but that river and it's surroundings are heaven compared to anything on the valley side of the Cascades regardless of angling outcomes. I was the over sized guy from Albany,OR with whom you spoke. Best wishes for your ongoing endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind words. Sorry about the catching, but it is all about the fishing after all...Hope you have good luck the next time.

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback. Please post a comment. And thanks for participating.