Wednesday, August 27, 2014

TRIPPING AT STATE FAIR



Eleven days is how long the Oregon State Fair runs. Eleven days to meet folks and talk about "Tripping On a Shoestring". Eleven days to sell enough books to make it "worth while". The yellow water lilies in the pix below reminds me why I am really here. My goal is to let people know how easy it is to get away from home, out of the familiar rut, and explore the beautiful country surrounding us. 

As I contemplate the pix below, I am reminded of the fresh air, sunlight and calm feelings that await those of us who actually sit alongside a pond and enjoy it's beauty. My little "how-to" manual awaits any of you who think you are "too": Too busy; too old, too poor, too tied down, too...you name it. But please don't claim it. One of the wonderful folks who crossed my path this week said, "There are seven days in a week and none of them are named TOMORROW." I love that. 

So, if you think you can't, you are right. If you think you can, you are right. I hope to see you on the trail. Let's enjoy each day. Treat it as if it's your last. That's my attitude because I drive on Lancaster Drive here in Salem, Oregon. It behooves me take a deep breath and leap into today's breech. I never know where I will land, but land, I will! You will too. Make it a soft one!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback. Please post a comment. And thanks for participating.